A Collective Force for Health & Wellbeing is the first collaborative strategic action plan of its kind. It sets out a national commitment to working together across libraries, health and social care, and the third sector to help transform Scotland's approach to health and wellbeing.
It aims to celebrate and share the good practice and innovation in many parts of Scotland, scaling it up to national level.
The action plan is supported by a new strategic partnership involving:
- SLIC on behald of all libraries across all sectors.
- National policy leadership for health literacy and self-management, as key enablers of realistic medicine.
- The ALLIANCE, representing third sector organisations in healthcare.
This action plan seeks to scale-up and spread current good practice and innovation in collaborating across libraries, health and third sector. Examples include:
- Supporting long-term conditions, self-management and health literacy
- Reading and writing for mental health and other therapeutic purposes
- Managing the wider determinants of health