Thank you for your interest in joining the SLIC team. The Scottish Library and Information Council is committed to promoting Equality, Diversity and Inclusion and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community.
SLIC is the independent advisory body to the Scottish Government for library and information related services. SLIC has recently undergone a period of transformation and growth. To support the increased workload which the organisation is now undertaking we are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and well motivated individual to join SLIC to provide support to the organisation, its members and assist with the delivery of our innovative projects.
The Business Support Assistant will be a member of the Business Support team and will assist the CEO and SLIC team with administration, events planning, finance tasks, engagement with members and support to the SLIC Board.
The successful candidate will have excellent organisational skills, attention to detail and an ability to work to tight timelines. The post will be based in Glasgow but may require occasional travel.
Temporary – (17.5 hrs per week)
SALARY: Up to £20,00 per annum (pro rata)
Reports to: Head of Business Support
The role is based in Glasgow however there will be a requirement to travel across Scotland on occasion.
Purpose of the job
The Business Support Assistant will be member of the Business Support team and will assist the CEO and SLIC team with administration, events planning, finance tasks, engagement with members and support to the SLIC Board.
Job Scope & Context
The Scottish Library and Information Council carries out work on behalf of its members who include all local authority, higher education, further education organisations, NHS Trust library services, as well as other specialist library and information organisations.
The Business Support Assistant will work closely with colleagues to ensure SLIC, as an organisation, continues to support and advocate for library services in the best way possible.
Specific duties will include:
- Provide administration support to the CEO and SLIC team working to tight timelines.
- Assist with the timely processing of invoices and payments for the organisation.
- Deal with a range of enquiries from members, potential members, government representatives and suppliers.
- Help plan and deliver member events as required, including promoting events and maintaining the event booking service.
- Maintain a wide range of organisational records.
- Support effective communication with SLIC Members, partners and stakeholders.
- Provide progress reports and regular updates on work as part of the team plan.
- Provide regular updates on personal workplan.
- Any other duties as required to support the overall work of SLIC.
Candidates will be expected to demonstrate the following:
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills.
- Excellent IT and information skills and competencies, including experience of the Microsoft Office package.
- Excellent communication skills and experience of working with different stakeholders.
- Excellent time management and ability to work under pressure.
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience of working in a small team.
- Ability to work on your own initiative.
- Energy and enthusiasm.
Knowledge and Experience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent – Desirable.
- Knowledge of QuickBooks accountancy software – Desirable.
- Knowledge of SharePoint - Desirable
- Experience of working in a similar type of small team, membership organisation environment – Desirable.
- Interest in the library and information sector – Desirable.
To apply please visit s1jobs.com. The deadline for applications is 12 noon on Monday 12th August.
You can find out more information about this role by downloading the Business Support Assistant Job Description. Interviews will be held in Glasgow on Thursday 22 August 2019.