Thank you for your interest in joining our team.The Scottish Library and Information Council is committed to promoting Equality, Diversity and Inclusion and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community.
SLIC is currently looking to recruit a temporary Content and Communications Officer to join our team. The full-time post is for a fixed term of six months to cover Maternity Leave. The Content and Communications Officer will help create and develop website and social media content, ensuring digital content reflects the wide-ranging work SLIC undertakes.
Potential candidates should submit a CV and covering letter via S1 Jobs no later than 5pm on Friday, November 17th. Interviews will be held in central Glasgow on December 5th.
£23,735 per annum (Pro Rata). Fixed Term 6 months to cover Maternity Leave
We are seeking an enthusiastic and committed individual who will ensure our digital content reflects the wide ranging work which SLIC undertakes and also ensure this meets the needs of its membership. The successful candidate will have exceptional written and editing skills, be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills and have a proven track record of delivering a quality product. Experience of using content management systems and Umbraco is essential. This post is full-time (35 hours per week).
The Scottish Library and Information Council (SLIC) is the independent advisory body to the Scottish Government on library and information services.
SLIC offers leadership focus and support to the Scottish library and information sector, coordinating and promoting national service developments to benefit Scotland's people and enrich our cultural, educational and economic landscape.
Purpose of the job
To create and develop website and social media content and ensure that digital content reflects the wide ranging work which SLIC undertakes.
Job scope and context
The Scottish Library and Information Council carries out work on behalf of its members who include all local authority, higher education, further education organisations, NHS Trust library services, as well as other specialist library and information organisations.
The Content and Communications Officer will develop and create content for SLIC digital platforms and have working knowledge of Umbraco. This role will liaise with team members over content, identify gaps and develop an area within the digital offer for the SLIC membership to share content.
Specific duties will include:
- Source, write and edit content for display on scottishlibraries.org according to the style guide and in collaboration with SLIC staff and partner organisations.
- Develop content strategies and update schedules in order to ensure the effective ongoing management of website content.
- Undertake regular audits and reviews to ensure that website content is up-to-date and meets user needs.
- Ensure effective SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) and compliance with accessibility standards.
- Manage SLIC social media presence in line with its policies and guidelines.
- And other appropriate duties as required.
Candidates will be expected to demonstrate the following:
- Degree in a relevant subject area such as communications, digital marketing, journalism or information management.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Excellent communication skills and experience of working with different stakeholders.
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills.
- Excellent IT and information skills and competencies, including experience of Content Management Systems, Knowledge of HTML, experience of using Wordpress etc.
- A commitment to quality.
- Energy and enthusiasm.
- Excellent time management and ability to work under pressure.
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience of working in a small team.
- Ability to work on your own initiative.
|Educated to degree level||Essential|
|Excellent writing & editing skills||Essential|
|A wide knowledge of current issues & developments in the library and information sectors in Scotland||Desirable|
|Ability to communicate effectively||Essential|
|Experience of using Umbraco||Essential|
|Ability to work effectively under pressure||Essential|
|Ability to work as part of a team and under own initiative||Essential|
|Experience of delivering a quality product||Essential|