The Scottish Library and Information Council represents a wide variety of organisations throughout Scotland.
This includes public libraries, further and higher education institutions, NHS Trust libraries and other specialist library and information services.
As a membership organisation, we provide a wide range of professional services to our subscribers. SLIC continually works with and behalf of members to support, maintain and improve library and information services in Scotland. We focus on enabling and supporting our members, which is particularly important at times of economic pressure.
Exclusive benefits of SLIC membership:
- Free or low cost training and networking events
- Opportunity to apply to the Scottish Government Public Library Improvement Fund (available to public libraries) every year
- Opportunity to apply to the Scottish Government Innovation and Development Fund (available to organisations from the wider sector) every year
- Consultancy, assistance and advice (up to two days without additional charge)
- Two free places per organisation at a SLIC hosted annual Service Innovation Showcase to promote significant developments across the sector
What we do for you:
- Represent your views to Scottish Ministers and the Scottish Government
- Represent and negotiate on key UK and European issues which influence the effective delivery of library and information services. E.g. licensing, copyright, skills and the digital agenda
- Include your views on policy issues raised in Scottish Government consultations
- Strategic and other partnership work with key agencies in Scotland, UK and Europe such as: COSLA, Audit Scotland, CIPFA, Scottish cultural agencies, Education Scotland HMIe, Universities Scotland, Scottish Funding Council, NHS and SCVO
- Recommend and update quality and other service standards across the sector
- Continued work to provide a robust evidence and research base
- Support specific sectoral projects and priorities
- Support the development of the Shared Services agenda
For further information on how to join SLIC and the benefits of membership please contact Pamela Tulloch firstname.lastname@example.org